Postdoc Position in Spain at University of Salamanca 2024 is open now. The University of Salamanca offers a 3-year Postdoc Position within Prof. Dr. Enrique Monter’s group, focusing on understanding Trichoderma impact on plants. Specifically, the project, known as SA192P23, delves into the role of miRNAs in safeguarding wheat against biotrophic pathogens. The successful candidate will employ genetic, molecular, and bioinformatics tools to investigate how Trichoderma miRNAs trigger systemic resistance in tomatoes. Their aim is to devise an efficient Trichoderma-based method to indirectly control wheat rusts and mildew, ultimately leveraging Trichoderma miRNAs for crop protection.
This role involves exploring recent publications from Enrique Monte and Javier Sánchez-Martín, found on scholar.google.com. These publications, such as Sanchez-Martín et al. (2021) in Nature Plants, Gaurav et al. (2022) in Nature Biotechnology, and Woo et al. (2023) in Nature Reviews Microbiology, provide foundational insights relevant to the project’s focus on understanding and leveraging Trichoderma miRNAs for enhancing plant defense mechanisms against various pathogens.
Postdoc Position in Spain at University of Salamanca 2024
Position: Postdoc Position
Host Country: Spain
Institute: University of Salamanca
Project: Investigate How Trichoderma Can Keep at Bay Pathogens of Agricultural Interest
Coverage: Fully Funded
Eligibility Criteria for Postdoc Position in Spain at University of Salamanca 2024
- Minimum of 12 months’ research experience in a foreign university or research center.
- Desirable proficiency in bioinformatics, including programming abilities like Python.
- Demonstrated research background with publications in esteemed international journals, specifically in biocontrol or molecular phytopathology.
- Excellent English communication skills and adeptness in both team and independent work.
- PhD in Agronomy, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or Pharmacy required.
- Capability to formulate and experimentally and bioinformatically test hypotheses.
- Strong scientific writing skills for publication purposes.
Responsibility for Postdoc Position in Spain at University of Salamanca 2024
- Analyze expression patterns of Trichoderma miRNAs and their targets in tomato plants.
- Identify and sequence Trichoderma siRNA in tomato roots across various interaction times.
- Perform infection studies with wheat pathogens Puccinia spp. and Blumeria graminis f. sp. tritici.
- Conduct in silico analysis to identify potential wheat targets for effective Trichoderma miRNAs previously successful in tomato plants.
- Conduct genomic analysis and select Trichoderma miRNAs; predict target genes in tomato, especially those linked to plant defense, using computational methods.
- Trigger Trichoderma-based systemic defense in wheat against rusts and mildew.
- Analyze expression of defense marker genes at different stages in the Trichoderma-wheat-biotroph pathogen interaction.
- Validate functionally the Trichoderma miRNA-wheat target pairs involved in defending against biotrophic pathogens.
Required Documents for Postdoc Position in Spain at University of Salamanca 2024
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a publication list included.
- A concise motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) expressing interest in and qualification for the position.
- Contact details for 2-3 referees who can provide recommendations or references.
How to Apply for Postdoc Position in Spain at University of Salamanca 2024
- Compile all necessary documents into a single PDF named Trichoderma_familyname.
- Send this PDF to the provided address.
- For inquiries about this position, contact Prof. Dr. Enrique Monte Vázquez or Dr. Javier Sánchez Martín at following given address.
- Apply before deadline to be considered for this opportunity.
- Last date to apply for Postdoc Position in Spain at University of Salamanca is 12 January, 2024.