PhD Position in Germany at University of Kiel 2024 is open now. The Institute for Plant Production and Plant Breeding at Christian Albrechts University in Kiel is offering a position as a Research Assistant, subject to approval by the funding provider by March 1, 2024. This role is temporary and will span the duration of the project until February 28, 2027, covering 65% of full-time hours. The employment is tied to the project “Rhizosphere processes and yield depression in wheat crop rotations (Rhizo Wheat),” Phase II, with the opportunity for preparation for a doctorate.
Christian Albrechts University in Kiel embraces diversity and considers itself a modern and inclusive employer, encouraging applications irrespective of age, gender, cultural or social background, origin, religion, ideology, disability, or sexual identity. Gender equality is promoted, with priority given to women with equivalent qualifications. The university actively aims to increase the representation of female scientists and strongly encourages qualified women to apply.
Moreover, the university is committed to employing individuals with disabilities, offering equitable treatment and prioritizing applications from severely disabled individuals or those with similar status. Suitability for the role remains the primary consideration in such cases, aligning with the university’s dedication to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment.
PhD Position in Germany at University of Kiel 2024
Program: Research Assistant
Coverage: Fully Funded
Degree Level: PhD
Host Region: Germany
Institute: University of Kiel
Project: Plant Production; Rhizosphere processes and yield depression in wheat crop rotations
Responsibilities for PhD Position in Germany at University of Kiel 2024
- Evaluating previous crop effects using scenario calculations
- Analyzing and preparing existing test data
- Presenting results tailored to the target audience
- Advancing, applying, and assessing mathematical models for previous crop impacts on winter wheat yield formation
- Customizing yield formation models for specific genotypes
Benefits of PhD Position in Germany at University of Kiel 2024
- Enhanced qualifications through scientific work on experimental and model-based analysis of previous crop effects on winter wheat
- Exciting work prospects in an interdisciplinary project
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Position in Germany at University of Kiel 2024
- Familiarity with field testing is advantageous
- Possession of a scientific university degree (master’s or diploma)
- Readiness to pursue a doctorate
- Enrollment in an agricultural sciences, geoecology, or related program
- Interest in scientific work and production ecology
- Advantageous to have experience in process modeling
- Basic grasp of statistics and modeling
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with strong communication skills and flexibility
How to Apply for PhD Position in Germany at University of Kiel 2024
- Welcoming individuals with migration backgrounds to apply
- Submission of applications with standard documents in a single file
- Use the keyword “Promotion” exclusively in the email subject
- Send applications to the provided email address before the deadline
- For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Henning Kage through following given contact details.
- Last date to apply for PhD Position in Germany at University of Kiel is 10th January, 2024.
Email Address to Apply
Contact Prof. Dr. Henning Kage for Further Details