PhD Position in Germany at University of Munich 2024 is open now. The Chair of Plant Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich is offering a Phd. student position to study plant cell biology’s evolutionary aspects. Dr. Philipp Denninger leads this opportunity, focusing on exploring cell polarity and signaling pathways regulated by Rho GTPase in various plant species.
The goal is to understand how Rho GTPase activators evolved in Streptophyte algae, Liverworts, and Mosses during their transition to land and how their characteristics changed over time within the green lineage. The research involves using bioinformatics, biochemistry, and cell biology techniques, particularly live cell imaging, to answer these intriguing questions.
This position is open to candidates with severe disabilities, who will be given priority if their qualifications match those of other applicants.
PhD Position in Germany at University of Munich 2024
Program: PhD Position
Coverage: Fully Funded
Host Region: Germany
Institute: University of Munich
Field: Evolutionary Aspects of Plant Cell Biology in Chair of Plant Systems Biology
Degree Level: PhD
Benefits of PhD Position in Germany at University of Munich 2024
- Fully funded Ph.D. student position for three years with a salary aligned with TV-L (E13, 65%)
- Inclusion within the “MAdLand” DFG Priority Programme (SPP 2237)
- A fantastic working atmosphere
- Exceptional research prospects and access to advanced technical resources
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Position in Germany at University of Munich 2024
- Holds an M.Sc. or equivalent in biology
- Eagerness and drive to explore plant evolution and cell biology
- Strong communication abilities and adeptness in teamwork
- Proficiency in bioinformatics, biochemistry, or confocal microscopy
Required Documents for PhD Position in Germany at University of Munich 2024
- Motivational Letter
- Two Recommendation Letters
How to Apply for PhD Position in Germany at University of Munich 2024
- Applications are welcome and should include the necessary documents in a single PDF format sent to the provided email address.
- The selection process will continue until an appropriate candidate is selected.
- TUM is dedicated to enhancing the representation of women and strongly encourages qualified women to apply.
- The position is open to individuals with severe disabilities, and they will receive priority if their qualifications and abilities align equally with other candidates.
- Chair of Plant Systems Biology, TUM School of Life Sciences, Technical University of Munich
- The commencement date can begin from February 1, 2024, or a later start date can be arranged as needed.