Fully Funded PhD in Germany at University Freiburg 2024 is open now. The Chair of Forest Operations is currently searching for a (Doctoral) Researcher specializing in augmented reality within the forestry domain. This position is intended for a project titled “Forestar,” focused on conducting a potential and feasibility analysis concerning the practical application of augmented reality glasses in forestry operations.
The research will revolve around pioneering augmented reality methods in conjunction with AI support. The primary objectives involve the design of innovative AR approaches and the development of an AR application tailored for geodata. Subsequent phases will include rigorous testing and evaluation of the AR system’s efficiency through comparative studies to ascertain its operational viability in forestry settings.
Fully Funded PhD in Germany at University Freiburg 2024
Program: PhD Position
Host Country: Germany
Institute: University Freiburg
Coverage: Fully Funded
Field: Forest Science
Eligibility Criteria for Fully Funded PhD in Germany at University Freiburg 2024
- Exhibits a penchant for exploring and implementing new concepts.
- Holds a scientific university degree (Master) in computer science, forest science, geoinformatics, or equivalent fields.
- Strong proficiency in GIS is preferred or a willingness to acquire this skill.
- Enjoys exploring digital solutions through experimentation.
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the realm of forest science.
- Desirable familiarity with augmented reality; familiarity with UNITY is also advantageous.
- Capable of collaborative teamwork, yet demonstrates independence in work approach with a practical orientation.
- Possesses strong conceptual and organizational skills.
- Shows a basic readiness for business trips and fieldwork.
- Possession of a Class B driving license is beneficial.
Responsibilities for Fully Funded PhD in Germany at University Freiburg 2024
- Collaborate within a team while also executing independent tasks to fulfill Forestar project objectives.
- Independently plan, prepare, coordinate, and execute experiments, followed by their thorough evaluation.
- Contribute to publishing articles in scientific journals and presenting findings at scientific conferences.
Benefits of Fully Funded PhD in Germany at University Freiburg 2024
- The position is initially limited to two years, with the possibility of extension, currently under consideration.
- Salary will be commensurate with E13 TV-L standards.
- We strongly encourage applications from women for this position.
- Engage in scientific work within a dynamic and thrilling field, enabling testing and implementation of personal ideas.
- Benefit from outstanding interdisciplinary research settings within a motivated team.
- Explore avenues for further qualifications such as pursuing a doctorate, involvement in teaching, participation in trade fairs, conferences, and more.
- Access excellent infrastructure with possibilities for expansion.
- Become part of the university’s XR Future Forests Lab, fostering innovation.
- Enjoy flexible working hours and the option for remote work (Home Office).
How to Apply for Fully Funded PhD in Germany at University Freiburg 2024
- Please submit your application, either in written form or electronically, to the following address.
- For more details, kindly reach out to Mr. Prof. Dr. Thomas Frank Purfürst at the provided contact number.
- Apply before deadline to be considered for this opportunity.
- Application received after last date will not be entertained.
- Last date to apply for is Fully Funded PhD in Germany at University Freiburg is 31st December, 2023.
Address to Send Application
University Freiburg, Chair of Forest Operations, Werthmannstr. 6, 79085 Freiburg, Germany
Contact and Email Address for Dr. Thomas Frank Purfürst
+49 761 203-3567