Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada will need proof of your proficiency in English in order to grant you a visa to Canada (IRCC).
A high-stakes English language exam, IELTS has been taken by over three million people in the last year. Many educational institutions, professional organizations, and businesses in Canada use it as their preferred English proficiency exam.
This test is accepted by every Canadian university and institution. It’s also accepted by any professional organisation that has established minimum language standards for membership.
In order to get permanent resident status in Canada and work there, what is the required IELTS score?
- Some of the world’s most livable cities may be found in Canada, thanks to the country’s accepting multicultural populations and its pleasant climate throughout the whole year.
- Permanent residence in Canada may have crossed your mind if you want to study and subsequently work there. You’d be one step closer to realizing your lifelong ambition of relocating overseas.
- Whether you’re applying for a visa in English or French, you’ll need to provide evidence of your language proficiency.
- The chosen exam for immigration to Canada is the IELTS General Training, which requires you to demonstrate your ability in English.
- In order to get the best possible band score on the IELTS test, you need enroll in our IELTS Workshop.
- IELTS score requirements for Canada PR will be discussed in the following paragraphs. Use our free tools like the IELTS Sample Test to get a head start on the real thing.
Check More Opportunities Below click and read:
- Fully Funded NIG Internship in Japan 2024
- Masters Scholarships at 4 Renown European Universities 2024
- Fully Funded Commonwealth Scholarship in UK 2024
- Scholarship in Canada at Concordia University 2024
- Fellowship in Germany by Cross Culture Program (CCP) 2024
- Funded Scholarship in USA at Obama Foundation 2024
What grade do you require?
- The IELTS score required is determined by the conditions of your visa as well as the organisation where you want to study or work.
- The IELTS test measures your English competence on a scale of 1–9 in four areas: listening, reading, writing, and speaking. Depending on the needs of the organisation where you want to work or study, you may choose between two exam types: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training.
Work in Canada:
- If you intend to work in Canada, you must first pass a language exam to demonstrate your command of the English language. If you are seeking for a work visa, professional registration, or permanent residency in Canada, the IELTS General Training exam can meet the standards of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- The Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) are national standards used in Canada to describe, measure, and recognise prospective immigrants’ English language competency. You can find out the CLB requirements you’ll need to fulfil for a visa from IRCC.
- Your IELTS test score reflects your level of English language competence in relation to the CLB criteria.
- Other factors, in addition to language competency, will be used to evaluate you.
Click on below Categories for more opportunities
Migrate to Canada:
- IELTS was the first exam to be recognized as proof of English language competency by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and Immigration Quebec for Express Entry (Skilled Immigrants), Quebec-selected skilled employees, and the Provincial Nominee programme.
- If you want to apply for permanent residency or Canadian citizenship, you can do so through a variety of channels. The most prevalent is Express Entry, an online system that processes applications for permanent residency from skilled workers through three economic immigration programmes:
- Federal Skilled Worker Programme
- Federal Skills Trade Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- To address their local labor market demands, Canadian provinces and territories recruit from the same Express Entry pool that you apply to through the Provincial Nominee Programme (PNP).
- Similarly, if you have a Quebec Selection Certificate from the Government of Quebec, you can apply for the Quebec-selected skilled worker process. If you use this option, you must submit a full residency application, including police certifications.
- IELTS General Training is an internationally recognized English language competency test that Entry, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada accepts for immigration into Canada (IRCC). The exam assesses your English competence on a scale of 0 to 9 in four areas: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. You must meet the standard set by the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) in all of these skills.
In order for your visa to be processed, you will need to include your IELTS results as part of your application.