GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2023 is open now. The GIST Scholarship 2023 is open for qualified and outstanding students, researchers, and technical professionals who wish to pursue their MS, PhD, or MS with a PhD at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea. The GIST fellowship offers overseas students studying in Korea have a great opportunity to build a solid research foundation for the advancement of science and technology. Additionally, the greatest scholarships in South Korea’s leading colleges give students the chance to collaborate and advance cooperative international and domestic research initiatives in both the industrial and academic sectors.
The institution collaborated with the South Korean Ministry of Science and Technology on the fully-funded scholarship for GIST. To help scientific technologists and spur them on to future breakthroughs, the government offers complete financial aid to GIST students. For this reason, the university provides students with a wide range of study options in the disciplines of science, technology, and research. Electrical engineering and computer science, material science and engineering, mechanical engineering, earth science and environmental engineering, life science, physics and photon science, chemistry and biomedical science, nanobio materials and electronics, integrated technology, and artificial intelligence are some of the courses offered at the GIST universities.
Also apply below:
The Korean government founded GIST in 1993. Additionally, GIST produces some of the best teachers for Korean universities. GIST has established itself as Korea’s first national institution to implement an innovative teaching model built around a thorough and fundamental science curriculum. Additionally, GIST is the first institution in Korea to require a thesis quality certification. Because of this, the institute has been rated first in South Korea for 14 years running in terms of professor citation counts, and the GIST is now fourth in the QS World University Ranking.
The GIST Scholarships for MS and PhD students are an important step in helping the institute achieve its vision of becoming a proud producer of cutting-edge research and technology. All lessons are taught in English, and the thesis is written in English as well, in order to lead in the globe. GIST is aware of the value of mastering and using a second language for improved communication and growth. The GIST international scholarship recipients will study the Korean language and culture while residing in South Korea for a maximum of three, seven, or eight years, depending on whether they are pursuing an MS, PhD, or integrated MS/PhD programme. The financial rewards, qualifying requirements, and an easy application process are all fully explained here.
Also click below and apply:
GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2023:
- South Korea
- Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
- Master’s degree program
- PhD degree program
- Integrated MS and PhD Program
Benefits of the GIST Scholarship in South Korea:
• The tuition charge will be eliminated for all overseas students, providing them with 100% assistance.
• MS students will get a 140,000 Won stipend each month.
The monthly stipend for PhD students will be 295,000 Won.
• A lunch allowance of 100,000 Won will be offered to both MS and PhD students. (Note: To receive a food allowance, students must have earned at least 9 credits in the preceding semester.)
• Both MS and PhD students will get an international student allowance of 120,000 Won, however the student must maintain a GPA of 3 or above out of 4.5 the previous semester.
• Each MS student who participates in a research project will get a research assistantship worth 5,461,249 won annually, while PhD students will receive a research assistantship worth 12,513,688 won annually.
Also apply below:
• A round-trip flight to Korea will be paid for.
• Coverage will account for 60% of national health insurance. Additionally included by health insurance are yearly physicals.
Eligibility Criteria of the GIST Scholarship 2023 in South Korea:
- The applicant must or expect to hold a final degree before enrollment at GIST.
- The applicant bachelor’s degree must be equivalent to a Korean bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant must be an international student.
- The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
How to apply for the GIST Scholarship 2023?
• The application for the GIST South Korea scholarship must be submitted online.
• Each candidate must thoroughly complete the GIST online application form in order to submit a successful application.
• Instead of leaving blanks, type NA.
Also click below and visit:
Documents Required for the GIST Scholarships 2023:
• Official transcripts and degrees are necessary. Although notarized copies or an apostille are desired, both are acceptable.
• The recommenders’ signatures and stamps must appear on two letters of recommendation.
• The letters do not have to be sent separately or by the recommenders themselves.
• The prerequisite is an official English language exam report, such as the TOEFL (BT) 80, TOEFL (PBT) 550, IELTS 6.5, TOEIC 750, or NEW TEPS 327. If you do not receive your test results promptly. You can receive a certificate of professional English language competency from your native university.
• The applicant must provide a copy of their passport.
GIST Scholarship Application Deadline:
- April 15, 2023.