ESD Okayama Award 2022 is open now. If you’re working on a project or managing an organisation that aims to accomplish long-term development goals. The Sustainable Development Objectives (SDGs) are a series of 17 global goals intended to be implemented in the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda.
In addition, the new global framework for Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), dubbed “ESD for 2030,” has been in effect from January 2020. Promoting ESD education is now universally acknowledged as essential to ensuring educational quality and achieving all of the objectives.
One representative from each of the winning project(s) will be invited to the Award Ceremony in Okayama, Japan, and will be asked to present the project. The prize recipient will get detailed details.
More Information About Award:
- Each successful proposal will get a 3,000 US dollar award.
- The deadline is July 15, 2022.
- Okayama City Steering Committee awards prizes of up to two for two award-winning initiatives.
- The award ceremony will take place on November 19, 2022.`
- Non-Degree Program/Certificate Language Requirement: None
- Opportunity Number: 2
- Type of Opportunity: Fully Funded
- Gender: Male or Female
- English/Japanese is the language of instruction.
Info About University:
In 2015, it seeks to promote and build traction for the SDGs. In recent years, the world has become more connected and borderless, and what happens in one place now affects other areas of the world. The numerous problems we face, such as poverty, climate change, and biodiversity loss, cannot be tackled in isolation.
Application documents required:
- Other supporting papers (not more than 5 pages)
- Application Form for the ESD Okayama Award 2022 in English or Japanese
- A project video or slide presentation (5 minutes or less)
Criteria for selection:
- Vision: Outlining local concerns in order to realize a sustainable society with defined goals.
- Collaboration: a coherent implementation framework with several stakeholders collaborating.
- The project incorporates environmental, social, and economic aspects.
- Demonstrating creative techniques and methods to enhance ESD is referred to as innovation.
- Implementation: show that you have a track record of actions and documentation, including audience and stakeholder input and assessment.
- Empowerment is defined as using educational methodologies such as interactive problem-solving methods and advocating activities to design a sustainable future that lead to individual behaviour change, including the transformation of values, attitudes, and behaviours, as well as community empowerment.
- Future Plans: To be expanded in the future and to have a good impact on other communities.
What Are The Benefits?
Some of the advantages of the ESD Okayama awards are as follows:
- The prize will be awarded to up to two projects.
- Each project will get $3,000 in prize money.
What Are The Requirements For Applying?
- The prize is accessible to organizations from all countries, including Japan, that are trying to implement ESD activities in local communities in order to enhance educational access and contribute to long-term development.
- As of April 2022, all submitted projects must be running and operational for at least two years (not be projects in the planning phase).
- Each organisation can only submit one application; organizations that have previously won projects are unable to apply; however, organizations that apply with a different project are eligible.
- The ESD Okayama Award is open to organizations in any nation, including Japan, that implement ESD initiatives in local communities.
- Projects must be underway and have been running for at least two years as of April 20, 2022, to be eligible for this award.
- Interested groups should download the application from the attachment below, fill it out, and e-mail it to the Secretariat.
- Okayama City SDGs/ESD Promotion Division, ESD Okayama Award Secretariat, [email protected]
- In the subject line of your email, please write “ESD Okayama Award 2022 Application.”
- Please keep in mind that the data must be 7 MB in size.
What Is the Last Date For Submission Of the Application?
The deadline for submissions is July 15, 2022.
Official Website Link?
Please visit the official link for more information about the application components.