The University of Tokyo MEXT scholarship is open to international students who wish to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Tokyo. The number of international students has increased in the past few years. However, it is still difficult for many Asian students to get admissions at this top-ranking university without government scholarships. The MEXT scholarship is a fully funded scholarship by the Japanese government. The University of Tokyo has multiple scholarships, however; this one has been allocated to students from outside Japan and is provided through the Ministry of Education and Science
Scholarships in Japan are the lifeline that allows international students to pursue higher education in this country. It is usually a lump sum amount of money from the government that covers educational fees, the cost of traveling, and living expenses when you study in Japan on a full-time basis. However, most international students in Japan do not know about these scholarships.
About University of Tokyo:
The University of Tokyo is the highest-ranked institution of higher education in Japan and among the world’s top 10 universities, according to THE World Reputation Rankings 2018. The most recent QS World University Rankings also list the University of Tokyo at 18th place in Asia. Thanks to its long history and prestigious standing, the University offers one of the best academic programs in Japan.
More Detailed Information About University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarships:
- Country Name: Japan
- Scholarship Type: MEXT Fully Funded Scholarship
- Host University: University of Tokyo
- Scholarship Funded by: Japan Government
- Eligible Countries: All international countries
- Deadline: October 29, 2021
Are you planning to study Postgraduate study at the University of Tokyo?
You can apply for this fully-funded scholarship. To be eligible for this MEXT Scholarship, the Applicant must satisfy the given eligibility requirements:
- Foreign students who have graduated must have a GPA of 2.30 or better
- Candidates must have a lot of knowledge
- The previous scholarship recipient is ineligible
- Candidates must have been born after April 2, 1987
- You must be strong and healthy.
- You have to go there on the date they tell you and must be healthy when you get there.
- The scholarship is only available to those proficient in the English language or Japanese.
- The cost of travel will be paid as per the specified route, which includes a premium economy pass from the nearest airport to the house. MEXT will not pay any costs associated with local transport or luggage.
- The selected candidates will be exempt from the registration and university fees.
- An allowance will be given to selected candidates on the basis of monthly expenses
How to Apply for the University of Tokyo Mext Scholarship 2022?
The University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2022 is awarded to students with outstanding academic records.
- The selection process is done on the basis of your academic records. So, you need to submit your academic records along with the application form.
- The online application form is made available on the website. You just need to follow the steps mentioned on the website in order to apply for the scholarship.
- The online application form also asks for uploading the required academic documents. You need to submit all documents in the format specified on the website.