This article will highlight what Chevening is all about and how you can apply for this fully-funded scholarship. My main goal is to provide insightful information to potential applicants, so they can make informed decisions on whether they would like to apply for this scholarship or not.
Many countries provide funding for their best and brightest undergrads to study abroad through scholarships. In the United Kingdom, there is a scheme called Chevening that does just this. It is administered by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and it’s aimed at helping students from developing countries gain a world-class tertiary education in the UK.
The scholarship is available for postgraduate study in any subject at any university in the UK. There are a total of 1,400 Chevening Scholarships available each year, with 400 scholarships awarded for one-year master’s degrees and 800 for fully-funded postgraduate study. Chevening Scholarships provide a unique opportunity to study in the UK, at a university of your choice, for up to one year.
About the Foundation:
Chevening is the UK’s international alumni network. It promotes worldwide cultural and educational relations and strives to achieve global understanding.
Aim of Chevening Program:
Chevening scholarships aim to enable candidates from developing countries to study at UK universities, where they will benefit from a world-class education, research, and enterprise. Chevening is grateful for the support it receives from the UK government and other partners, and in 2019/20 awarded scholarships to over 3,600 students.
More Information About Chevening Scholarship 2022:
- Country Name: UK
- Eligible Countries: Different
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
- Available Degree: Masters
- Duration of Scholarship: One year
- Deadline: 2 November 2022
Who is eligible to apply for Chevening Scholarships?
- All 160 nations and territories are eligible to apply for Chevening Scholarships
- Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, gender, religion, or political opinion.
- Candidates must have a minimum of two years of work experience.
- Make sure you apply to at least three UK university programs and receive an acceptance letter for at least one.
- When you apply, you must have completed all sections of a graduate degree that permits you to enroll in a master’s degree at an institution in the Uk. In the United Kingdom, this is generally comparable to a 2:1 second-class diploma.
Benefits of Chevening Scholarships:
- Provide a full scholarship to cover tuition fees, a monthly maintenance allowance, a period of overseas work experience, and travel insurance
- Include travel and medical insurance, as well as visa and relocation expenses
- If required, COVID vaccines will be provided free of charge.
- Allow Chevening Scholars to study at institutions of their choice throughout the UK and in partner countries
How to Apply for Chevening 2022 Scholarship?
Applying for a Chevening Scholarship requires the submission of a Chevening application, along with supporting documentation.