PhD Positions in Germany at International Max Planck Research School 2024 is open now. The PhD students in this program will have the opportunity to specialize in either an experimental or theoretical discipline. The research fields encompass various experimental “omics” disciplines, including genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics, along with bioimaging. Theoretical disciplines such as stochastics, theoretical physics, bioinformatics, biometrics, and computational biology are also integral to the program. The goal is to achieve a PhD (Dr. rer. nat.) within a timeframe of 3-4 years.
This program is characterized by close collaboration among several faculties at the University of Göttingen, prestigious institutions like the Max Planck Institute for Multidisciplinary Sciences, the Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization, the German Primate Center, the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases, and the Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen. The interdisciplinary nature of the program provides a rich and collaborative research environment for aspiring PhD candidates.
PhD Positions in Germany at International Max Planck Research School 2024
Program: PhD Positions
Host Region: Germany
Institute: International Max Planck Research School
Coverage: Fully Funded
Field: Genome Science
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Positions in Germany at International Max Planck Research School 2024
- Admission to IMPRS-GS is based on criteria such as academic skills and experience, motivation, commitment, communication skills, proficiency in the English language, and a broader view with creativity.
- Hold a Master’s (or equivalent) degree in experimental life sciences, mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, or related fields.
- Eligible candidates include students expecting to receive their Master’s degree before October 2024.
Required Documents for PhD Positions in Germany at International Max Planck Research School 2024
- Transcripts or academic records (Studienbuch) of your studies
- Documents for English proficiency (e.g., language of instruction during education, native speaker, test certificates, if available)
- Certificates of other relevant examinations (e.g., GRE, if available)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) – maximum 2 pages
- All academic degree certificates (only university degrees, no secondary education degrees)
Benefits of PhD Positions in Germany at International Max Planck Research School 2024
- Employment contract provided to doctoral students
- Fully funded positions
- Monthly net salary in the range of 1300-1600 EUR (approximate)
- Funding dependent on the research group or department
How to Apply for PhD Positions in Germany at International Max Planck Research School 2024
- Complete online registration
- Upload PDF documents, including transcripts, academic records, degree certificates, certificates of other relevant examinations, and documents for English proficiency
- Provide information about current and permanent address, education, academic background, language proficiency, honors, awards, and scientific motivation
- Indicate one to five faculty members of the IMPRS-GS as potential supervisors during the online application
- Do not contact potential supervisors directly; they will receive your application automatically
- You can interrupt entering information and resume at another time before the application deadline
- Concisely answer motivation questions about why you chose Genome Science, your expectations and goals, and your choice of PIs
- Referees will be contacted for recommendations, so ensure they are aware and provide accurate contact information
- Applications are accepted only through the online application tool
- Ensure that documents are submitted in a single PDF file
- The application will be processed only after the application deadline has passed
- Last date to apply for PhD Positions in Germany at International Max Planck Research School is 26th January, 2024.