Postdoctoral Position in Australia at University of Queensland 2024 is open now. The University of Queensland (UQ) is currently offering a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position in Soil Science. Joining the UQ community provides an opportunity to collaborate with bright minds from around the world in an environment that encourages interdisciplinary cooperation. Committed to research excellence, UQ offers access to top-notch facilities, grant writing support, increased research funding opportunities, and post-fellowship contracts through the UQ Amplify initiative.
As we prioritize research, our dedication to teaching remains centered on our students. Their experiences at UQ establish a foundation for success beyond graduation. With one of the largest PhD enrollments in Australia, we are committed to providing education opportunities for all Queenslanders, overcoming personal, financial, or geographical barriers.
Postdoctoral Position in Australia at University of Queensland 2024
Program: Postdoctoral Position
Coverage: Fully Funded
Host Region: Australia
Institute: University of Queensland
Field: Soil Sciences
Responsibilities for Postdoctoral Position in Australia at University of Queensland 2024
- Contribute to industry engagement through attendance and presentation at relevant events and conferences.
- Produce high-quality research outputs by publishing or exhibiting in reputable outlets within the discipline.
- Supervise and conduct laboratory and glasshouse experiments on fertiliser availability and transformations in diverse soil types.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports for funding agencies and manage project budgets.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge, technology, and practices to research end users through translation, including the commercialization of UQ intellectual property.
- Review and apply best practice research methodologies.
- Begin developing external links and partnerships by fostering relationships with industry, government departments, professional bodies, and the wider community.
- Demonstrate leadership through collaboration and active participation in unit priorities.
- Contribute to internal service roles and administrative processes as needed, including participation in decision-making and committee service.
- Collaborate in external service activities beyond the immediate organizational unit.
- Effectively supervise Honours and Higher Degree by Research students.
Required Documents for Postdoctoral Position in Australia at University of Queensland 2024
- Cover letter
- Responses to the ‘About You’ section
Eligibility Criteria for Postdoctoral Position in Australia at University of Queensland 2024
- PhD with a focus on soil science.
- Track record of publishing research findings in high-quality peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
- Evidence of industry engagement and effective communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Proficient in liaising with supporting staff.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in experimentation in agricultural/environmental chemistry, soil fertility, and plant nutrition, including supporting analytical techniques.
- Inclusivity across gender identity, LGBTQIA+, cultural and/or linguistic backgrounds
- Commitment to engaging Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Emphasis on inclusion of individuals with disabilities in the workforce
- Demonstrates high personal integrity, transparency, and capability.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, meeting deadlines.
Benefits of Postdoctoral Position in Australia at University of Queensland 2024
- Full-time (100%), fixed-term position for 3 years.
- Academic level A.
- Base salary range: $75,808.68 – $100,926.59.
- Super allowance of up to 17%.
- Total FTE package: $88,696.16 – $118,084.11 annually.
- Membership in the Group of Eight University.
- Recognition of prior service with other Australian universities.
- Up to 26 weeks of paid parental leave.
- 17.5% annual leave loading.
- Flexible working arrangements, including hybrid on-site/WFH options and flexible start/finish times.
- Genuine career progression opportunities via the academic promotions process.
Project Description for Postdoctoral Position in Australia at University of Queensland 2024
This Postdoctoral Research Fellow position presents an exciting opportunity to take a lead role in investigating fertilizer interactions with soils. The primary focus is to enhance our understanding of fertilizer fate in soils, aiming to optimize both production and environmental outcomes. The project addresses the challenge of variable plant responses to fertilizers, seeking to uncover the underlying drivers that contribute to this variability and introduce uncertainty in commercial operations. By establishing a comprehensive conceptual framework, the research will explore multi-nutrient fertilizer reactions in soil to enhance overall plant growth and promote environmental sustainability.
The project employs a diverse range of laboratory and glasshouse methodologies to investigate the transformation and potential availability of fertilizer nutrients in different soil types. Additionally, it will assess the dynamics of fertilizer release within the soil profile. This position not only provides an excellent opportunity to develop a wide range of research and analytical skills but also allows for broader personal and professional development through activities such as publishing research, supervising students, and participating in service roles across the University.
How to Apply for Postdoctoral Position in Australia at University of Queensland 2024
- Interested candidates must apply online.
- Link to apply online is given below.
- All eligible candidates will be considered.
- Application received after last date will not be entertained.
- Upload all documents into the one upload box labelled ‘resume’, which is step one of the application form.
Last date to apply for Postdoctoral Position in Australia at University of Queensland is 13th February, 2024.